Digital Strategies Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications
Objective: The Digital Strategies Manager is responsible for the visibility and growth of GLSEN’s brand and engagement in the digital world, developing and implementing a strategy to increase and enhance constituent engagement in all things digital, from website to social media to e-marketing. The Digital Strategies Manager also serves as Webmaster for the all-new GLSEN.org and is responsible for empowering staff and chapter leaders to manage and create content for GLSEN.org.
- Oversee continuation of GLSEN.org redesign, including integration of existing microsites.
- Develop strategy to leverage GLSEN.org to share and promote GLSEN’s work, programs and brand.
- Train and support staff and chapter leaders to generate and post content to GLSEN.org.
- Increase traffic to GLSEN.org and improve user engagement.
- Analyze current GLSEN.org performance and create plan to improve user experience and maximize potential of new site.
- Manage relationship with integrated marketing agency that maintains and supports GLSEN.org.
- Ensure GLSEN.org, and in particular the home page, has fresh and compelling content.
- Engage and support student leadership team to share their stories in the digital world.
- Develop and execute, with support from Digital Communications Assistant, plan for improving GLSEN’s social media engagement.
- Generate campaigns to activate existing constituents and engage new ones.
- Update social media guidelines for staff.
- Train and support staff and chapters in leveraging social media to amplify their work.
- Work with Digital Communications Assistant to generate content for social media platforms.
- Support organization-wide efforts to utilize CRM to improve constituent engagement.
- Ensure staff follow e-marketing best practices when engaging constituents through email.
- Support GLSEN staff and chapters in developing e-marketing strategies to better engage constituencies.
- Analyze email performance and make suggestions to improve open and click-through rates.
- Provide technical support to staff to ensure that emails adhere to brand standards.
- Generate monthly and periodic reports on performance metrics.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 5-7 years experience managing websites and/or digital campaigns
- Proficient in HTML
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Extensive knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms and technology
- Experience working with CRM
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and support multiple departments
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBT issues in K-12 education
- BA/BS in related field or related experience
Resumes and letter of interest should be submitted to: email@example.com, faxed to 212-727-0254 or mailed to HR-PRM, GLSEN, 90 Broad Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10004
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.