Major Gifts Officer-West Coast
The Major Gifts Officer works closely with the Chief Development Officer and the Senior Manager of Individual Giving to develop and implement strategy for individual major gift donor relationship management on the west coast to meet short and long-term goals of the department. The primary objective of the Major Gifts Officer – West Coast is to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donors interests, passions and values.
Additionally, this position will represent the organization in California and other western states.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -- External focus.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SOLICITATION
- Create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts and private foundation major gift donor strategies with the Senior Manager of Individual Giving.
- Develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term funding goals of the organization for high net worth individuals (100-150k).
- Act as primary relationship manager for individual and private foundation prospects of $1,200 or more/year to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
- Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Manage relationship process for individual major gift donors including prospect solicitation, briefings with primary relationship managers.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with Senior Manager of Individual Giving.
- Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, monthly renewal letters, renewal e-mails, proposals and stewardship materials
MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve major gift revenue goals
- Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists
- Track ad report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors
- Participate in regular Development staff and organization-wide meetings
- Track and update Chief Development Officer & Senior Manager of Individual Giving on efforts in monthly cultivation, renewal requests, and prospecting of new major donors on a monthly basis
GLSEN WEST COAST REPRESENTATIVE
- As needed, represent GLSEN in regional press events, conferences and other external communications
- Work in concert with LA-based Board GLSEN board members
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 4+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience, major gift experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major gift giving;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Commitment to the GLSEN mission;
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision;
- Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred;
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate donors to increased levels
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate donor prospects
Resumes and letter of interest should be submitted to:firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 212-727-0254 or mailed to HR-MGO, GLSEN, 90 Broad Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10004 GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.