Register and Jump-Start Your GSA!
As someone interested in supporting a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA), the first thing you should do is sign-up to receive FREE resources and products for the Day or Silence, Ally Week and other GLSEN events. Click here to register your GSA!
GLSEN has created this resource for new and established GSAs and similar clubs. The resource takes you through the process of establishing or re-establishing your group, identifying your mission and goals, and assessing your school's climate. Jump-start your school and GSA, and create safer schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
This guide consists of eight self-contained sections; all are designed to help you jump-start - or bring fresh and creative energy to - your student club. They are available as PDF files to download, in full color (high resolution, large file size) and black and white (low resolution, smaller file size).
Topics include the following:
- Building and Activating Your GSA or Similar Student Club
- Tips and Tools for Organizing an Action Campaign
- Strategies for Training Teachers
- Understanding Direct-Action Organizing
- Examining Power, Privilege and Oppression -Creating Youth-Adult Partnerships
- Making Your Student Club Trans-Inclusive -Evaluation, Continuation, Celebration
Please click here to read more about the new Jump-Start Guide, and download its contents.
For more resources for your GSA, click here.