GLSEN Connecticut's Student Organizing Team
Put your passion for safe schools advocacy into action!
Apply now to join one of our chapter's Student Organizing teams: the Jump-Start Student Leadership Team and the Students of Color Organizing (SOCO) Team!
JUMP-START STUDENT LEADERSHIP TEAM
Our Jump-Start Student Leadership Team is composed of bright, energetic, and dedicated student leaders from all across the state who are committed to making their schools safer for ALL students, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. Their main goal last year was to provide more support and resources to LGBT middle school students and their allies.
STUDENTS OF COLOR ORGANIZING (SOCO) TEAM
Our new SOCO Team is led by a diverse group of students who are committed to increasing visibility, support, and advocacy for LGBT students of color and their allies. The team is currently working on a year-long website project that seeks to create a safer and more inclusive space for LGBT students of color and their allies. If you're a student of color or ally interested in getting involved with this project, please let us know.
You can access and submit our application in one of two ways:
1. Download our application via this page under "Resource Downloads" on the right side of the screen.
2. Request an application by e-mailing Alberto Cifuentes, Jr., Student Org. Adult Coordinator, at email@example.com.
We will be receiving applications until October 23, 2013 (Deadline Extended).
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Our updated two-page Q & A under "Resource Downloads" has a list of all our current and former student leaders. Feel free to contact any one of them for more information on the team. Any general questions can be sent to JSconnecticut@chapters.glsen.org.
Join our Facebook group for the GLSEN Connecticut Student Org. Team and Allies here.
Like our chapter's Facebook page here.
IMPORTANT DATES- RSVP on Facebook group or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Student Org. Social/Ally Week Celebration: Saturday, Oct. 19, 11am-3pm, Community Room, Lower Level Community Room, Wilson Branch, New Free Public Library, 303 Washington Avenue, New Haven
2. Training #1: Saturday, Nov. 2, 10:30am-3:30pm, Family Place Room, Lower Level Community Room, Wilson Branch, New Free Public Library, 303 Washington Avenue, New Haven
3. Training #2: Saturday, Nov. 9, 10:30am-3:30pm, Family Place Room, Lower Level Community Room, Wilson Branch, New Free Public Library, 303 Washington Avenue, New Haven
4. Training #3: Saturday, Nov. 16, 10:30am-3:30pm, Family Place Room, Lower Level Community Room, Wilson Branch, New Free Public Library, 303 Washington Avenue, New Haven