Our Omaha Chapter
Who We Are
GLSEN Omaha is a Chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. The mission of GLSEN Omaha is to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
We primarily serve the Omaha metropolitan area, including Council Bluffs, IA but provide services across Nebraska.
We strive to protect students from bullying and harassment, to advance comprehensive safe schools laws and policies, to empower principals to make their schools safer, and to build the skills of educators to teach respect for all people. We work closely with the national staff of GLSEN to implement programs and affect positive change in school communities.
From the Board of Directors to program coordinators to committees, GLSEN Omaha is a completely volunteer-run organization.
- Michael Cich-Jones Board Co-Chair
- Jacqueline Hotz Board Co-Chair / Educator Engagement Coordinator
- JohnCarl Denkovich Advocacy and Policy Coordinator
- Sam Carwyn GO ED! Coordinator
- Steph Hickey Board Member
- Brent Thomsen Public Relations Coordinator
- Lacey McPhail Student Engagement Coordinator
- Andrew O'Donnell Board Member