Our Omaha Chapter
Who We Are
GLSEN Omaha is a Chapter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. The mission of GLSEN Omaha is to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
We primarily serve the Omaha metropolitan area, including Council Bluffs, IA but provide services across Nebraska.
We strive to protect students from bullying and harassment, to advance comprehensive safe schools laws and policies, to empower principals to make their schools safer, and to build the skills of educators to teach respect for all people. We work closely with the national staff of GLSEN to implement programs and affect positive change in school communities.
From the Board of Directors to program coordinators to committees, GLSEN Omaha is a completely volunteer-run organization.
- Sam Carwyn, Board Vice Chair & GO ED! Coordinator
- Michael Cich-Jones, Board Chair
- Eric Juszyk, Board Member
- Jacqueline Luze, Board Member & Volunteer Coordinator
- Brett Masterson, Board Secretary
- Lacey McPhail, Board Member & Student Engagement Coordinator
- Jenn Stark, Board Treasurer