Educational Resources and Programs Manager
Educational Resources and Programs Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Education and Youth Programs
Objective: Responsible for ensuring that GLSEN continues to provide high quality, LGBT-Inclusive resources for schools and educators. As a key partner with the Senior Director of Education and Youth Programs the Educational Resources and Programs Manager designs curricular resources or designs and implements collaborative processes that engage national content experts and national education organizations in GLSEN’s production of the same. The Educational Resources and Programs Manager serves as the internal point person for cross-departmental collaboration as it relates to resource development and dissemination.
- Guides the development and distribution of GLSEN’s LGBT-inclusive curricular resources
- Collaborates with department staff on setting priorities for the development of resources.
- Identifies and engages appropriate external partners (content experts, national professional associations, and others) in the development of resources designed to address LGBT-inclusion in curricular content.
- Ensures that resources are appropriately inclusive and adhere to GLSEN’s diversity principles.
- Determines need for the translation/cultural adaptations of specific resources and develops and executes plans to accommodate these needs.
- Collaborates with Field Services staff to create “wrap-around” resources and messaging that enables GLSEN Chapters to advocate for the implementation or adoption of resources by schools/districts/states.
- Provides monthly educator professional development-relevant content to the Field Services department for the Chapter Organizer.
- Manages the revision/development and distribution of culturally relevant and inclusive resources that promote respect and allow schools/educators to function in a LGBT-inclusive manner
- GLSEN Programs
- No Name-Calling Week
- Changing the Game
- National/International Education Recognitions/Celebrations
- National/International Cultural Celebrations/Teachable Moments
- Develops and implements marketing and partnership strategies
- Works with the Senior Director to manage relevant budgets.
- Works with the Senior Director to identify distribution opportunities that maximize the use and impact of GLSEN resources.
- Assists in the development and execution of GLSEN Educator Resource webinars.
- Collaborates with Communication staff to develop effective media outreach.
- Collaborates with Field Services staff to include Education department content in the Chapter Organizer.
- Develops relevant presentations or newsletter items for such organizations as ASCD, AACTE, NAESP, NASSP, NEA, AFT, ASCD, NACTE, NCSS, AAHPERD/NASPE, NAEYC, and NAME
- Works as a team member with Education and Youth Programs staff
- Assists with on-going departmental projects, planning and function
- Plays lead role on selected projects and assists in overall departmental planning and development
- Participates in management of GLSEN’s online presence in collaboration with Communications Department to ensure ongoing connections to community-based advocates
- Other duties as assigned
- M.A. (a degree in Education preferred) and three to five years of direct experience working in Education or with Education-focused organizations.
- Working knowledge of the structure and functions of federal, state, and local education systems
- Knowledge of LGBT issues in education
- Demonstrated ability to and experience in planning and executing the development of resources and programs independently and in collaboration with key constituents.
- Understanding of and experience in developing logic models and program evaluation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel once a month.
- Strong knowledge of technology and database usage
- Bilingual preferred but not required
This position will be located in GLSEN’s New York City headquarters
Resume, letter of interest and salary requirements should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Education Search, GLSEN, 90 Broad Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10004
Salary is commensurate with experience
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.