RESPONDING TO VALENTINE ROAD
STUDENT ACTIONS AND RESOURCES
Now that you’ve watched and discussed Valentine Road, take action to create change in your school!
If you have FIVE MINUTES...
- Share a Safe Space Kit with an educator ally.
- Register your GSA.
- Tweet @GLSEN and tell us how you’re creating change in your school.
If you have ONE HOUR...
- Connect with your local GLSEN Chapter.
- Read or share Know your Rights: A Guide for Trans and Gender Nonconforming Students.
If you have ONE DAY...
- Participate in GLSEN’s Day of Silence.
- Download and deliver a copy of GLSEN's Ready, Set, Respect! elementary toolkit to your alma mater.
If you have ONE WEEK...
- Check out Transgender Student Rights (TSR), a grassroots student-created organization, working to create safer spaces for trans and gender nonconforming students.
- Join your school’s GSA! If your school doesn't have one, start it yourself!
- Learn about the impact of GSAs.
NEED HELP OR SOMEONE TO TALK TO?
THE TREVOR LIFELINE
Call 1-866-488-7386, to connect with a trained volunteer counselor who is ready to listen. It’s free, confidential and available 24/7. The Trevor Lifeline is the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention lifeline for LGBTQ youth. Find out more at www.thetrevorproject.org.
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to connect with a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Find out more at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.